Ings set for Burnley exit

first_imgBurnley manager Sean Dyche admits striker Danny Ings is unlikely to be at the club next season. The 22-year-old striker is out of contract in the summer and with the Clarets heading for the Sky Bet Championship following relegation last week, Ings is set for pastures new. Manchester United and Real Sociedad have both been linked with moves for the England Under-21 striker who has scored 10 goals in his maiden Barclays Premier League campaign. Ings was desperate to make that 11 during Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Stoke in what looks certain to be his Turf Moor swansong, but he was denied on three separate occasions by Potters keeper Jack Butland. Dyche does not expect to have Ings at his disposal as he plots an instant return to the Premier League next season, but the Clarets boss takes great pride in the role he has played in Ings’ development. “I don’t think I need to say too much, he has done that himself, not with his words but with his actions, certainly in the last two seasons,” Dyche said in the post-match press conference of his side’s final home game of the season. “When I got here he was a developing player, still learning, still improving but there was still a lot of work to be done with him. He has accepted it, ran with it and moved forward and that’s all you can ask for with players. “It’s good to see his development. It looks like it is not going to continue with us, but I think we have played a big part in how he has moved forward.” Dyche added on the club’s official website: “You can never give 100 per cent guarantees. “It’s probable that was a farewell from Danny though. The sounds coming out of him and his agent make it probably that we will be going elsewhere. “There is a kind of message going out that they will be looking for pastures now. That’s sometimes happens in football and every player has the right to run their contract down if they want to, so we will see what happens in the summer.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Moratorium on new mining rights lifted

first_img20 April 2011 South Africa’s Mineral Resources Minister Susan Shabangu has announced the lifting of the country’s moratorium on new mining rights applications. The minister imposed the moratorium at the beginning of September last year in order to allow the department to conduct a full audit of all mining and prospecting licences granted since 2004. The moratorium for the Mpumalanga region has been extended to 30 September 2011. Addressing journalists in Pretoria on Tuesday, Shabangu explained that the moratorium was to help in streamlining administrative processes. “The moratorium and audits were not targeted at any particular catergory of the mining industry,” she said. “As a ministry, we did not go out on a limb in a bid to target black economic empowerment entities, we aimed our arrows at all the rights holders.” During the period of the moratorium, the department conducted inspections of all mining sites. A total of 3 266 inspections were conducted, and a total of 713 statutory notices were issued to non-compliant rights holders. “These rights holders are being given an opportunity to rectify cases of non-compliance,” Shabangu said. With the lifting of the moratorium, new applications can now be lodged online. This, according to Shabangu, will reduce incidences of fraud and corruption. Over 400 new applications were lodged on Tuesday after the moratorium was lifted. Shabangu said that the online application system would reject incomplete or non-compliant applications and that there would be fewer people involved in processing the applications. According to the department, the new system would ensure accountability, efficiency and transparency, and address overlaps on properties applied for. With regard to new mining applications, Shabangu said the first come, first served principle would apply to the allocation of new rights. “The bidding system that is provided for in the [Mining Rights] Act will be put in place, which will be applicable to all rights that are granted, issued, expired, revoked and abandoned,” Shabangu said. Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

MySpace Partners with UStream for Embedded Live Video Chat with Mixed Results

first_imgWhy Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… jolie odell Neither the “studio” nor the audio, which was fraught with ear-torturing static, were what one would expect at any other kind of press junket. And the MySpaceID integration, which would allow users to comment on the video chat, was far from perfect. Every text comment required a two-click confirmation, but there didn’t seem to be any options to have that content duplicated on a user’s profile as a status update or bulletin, which might have helped with attracting more users to the chat. Moreover, a few comments we tried to send timed out or simply didn’t post.MySpace is painfully late to the game in integrating technologies such as Twitter, UStream, and other services that could grant the aging behemoth a second wind in terms of reclaiming former users, especially in the U.S.In general, the ability to conduct real-time, live video interviews might be a great promotional vehicle for entertainment properties, but this effort seemed far too half-hearted to be a successful implementation of the available technology. MySpace, UStream, and the properties they choose to have participate in these kinds of promotions will have to do a much better job of ensuring a glitch-free experience for a larger group of users if these partnerships are to have any meaning in the company’s future. Tags:#Real-Time Web#Video Services#web 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Related Posts This morning, MySpace users got to see and participate in a live video chat with actor Gerard Butler and director F. Gary Gray through a MySpace promotional page that integrated popular streaming video site UStream.Due to an unfortunate technical glitch, users ended up hearing the audio from the film’s trailer over the interview audio. Overall, the audio was a mess, and UStream/MySpaceID integration for commenting was a popup-ridden, timeout-plagued, fail-inducing nightmare. Nevertheless, as a first-time integration of real-time, interactive video on one of the world’s largest social networks, we suppose results could have been worse.Relatively few users seemed tuned in for the chat, which was posted at several spots on the MySpace page for the movie Butler was promoting, Law Abiding Citizen. By relatively few, we mean that a the chat’s UStream page had around 1,000 views, 3 ratings, and fewer than 30 text responses at “press time.”last_img read more

Energy Efficiency Groups Balk at New Appliance Rules

first_imgThe Department of Energy (DOE) has proposed a rule change that would allow appliance manufacturers to opt out of energy efficiency testing, seriously undermining U.S. efficiency standards, an advocacy group claims. The DOE billed the proposal, which was published in the Federal Register on May 1, as an effort to streamline the process of issuing waivers for test procedures to manufacturers trying to bring new appliances to market. According to the DOE summary of the new rule, the current process results in “significant delays” for manufacturers. But the executive director of the Appliance Standards Awareness Project (ASAP) said in an online post that the new rule could erode efficiency standards for a range of products, including air conditioners, refrigerators, light bulbs and electric motors.RELATED ARTICLESDepartment of Energy Proposes Changes in Efficiency RulemakingStates Step Up for Progress on Efficiency Standards7 Steps to an Energy-Efficient House: 6. AppliancesPaving the Way for an Efficient Light Bulb in Every SocketAppliance Standards: A Powerful Job Engine Andrew deLaski said the DOE proposal caught efficiency advocates and manufacturers by surprise. In response, deLaski said, ASAP and nine other organizations requested a public meeting in which the DOE could explain the proposal and take comments. The department offered private meetings but refused to schedule a public session. “[The] DOE had always allowed for public meetings on proposed test procedure changes for specific products in the past,” deLaski wrote. “Surely, a proposal that would affect every product’s test procedure and compliance would merit the enhanced scrutiny of a public meeting. To our shock, [the] DOE staff refused. Twice.” The group has appealed, writing in a letter to the DOE that it was “stunned” by its decision. ASAP said a private session was “no substitute for open public meetings” that are subject to public notice and recorded with a transcript. DeLaski asked the DOE to reverse its decision, noting the department is required to hold a public meeting whenever it proposed a test procedure change. “The significance of the proposed rule is not in doubt,” the letter says. “Under the proposal, any company that applies for an interim waiver from any federal test procedure would be automatically granted that waiver if the agency does not affirmatively grant or deny it within thirty days.” Manufacturers could effectively waive test requirements themselves, he said, “with no affirmative decision by [the] DOE, no notice to competitors or anyone else, and for an undetermined period of time.” DeLaski’s letter was written on behalf of a number of groups, including the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, the California Energy Commission, the Natural Resources Defense Council, and the Consumer Federation of America. The DOE disputed deLaski’s claims and said in an email to The Hill that the proposal doesn’t amend any test procedures or make any exemptions. “Rather,” the email said, “it streamlines the existing process for granting temporary waivers for innovative products that don’t fit within our prescribed test methods.” The department said it would respond to the ASAP letter through the “appropriate, official channels to again offer a meeting.” The email added that the department would make staff available to meet with people who are affected by the rule change and had questions about its impact.last_img read more

Cooper Bassett Against TCU

first_imgHere’s a video of thought #10 I had in this post. If you’re looking for the comments section, it has moved to our forum, The Chamber. You can go there to comment and holler about these articles, specifically in these threads. You can register for a free account right here and will need one to comment.If you’re wondering why we decided to do this, we wrote about that here. Thank you and cheers!last_img

Judge beat me up tore off my uniform

first_imgKatihar (Bihar): A policeman deployed in the security of a senior judicial officer here has accused the judge of assaulting him and tearing off his uniform in a fit of rage over his vehicle getting stuck in a traffic jam, an official said on Thursday. A cross FIR was lodged on behalf of Kathihar district and sessions Judge, Pradeep Kumar Mallik accusing the security personnel Harivansh Kumar of barging into his office and using abusive language, SHO, Sahayak police station, Rakesh Kumar said. Harivansh Kumar has in his FIR, which was lodged late Wednesday night, said that the judge lost his temper when his car got stuck in a traffic snarl at Mirchaibari Chowk in the town while on the way to the court from his residence. Kumar has further alleged that the judge vented his ire by slapping him and tearing off his uniform, besides hurling abuses until the car reached the court premises.last_img read more