News Follow the news on Belarus January 16, 2012 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Authorities seize independent newspaper’s entire print run RSF_en June 2, 2021 Find out more Russian media boss drops the pretence and defends Belarus crackdown News BelarusEurope – Central Asia May 28, 2021 Find out more News to go further BelarusEurope – Central Asia News “We welcome opening of criminal investigation in Lithuania in response to our complaint against Lukashenko” RSF says Watch a video on what happened (Nash Dom TV)Read Vitebsky Kuryer online (Russian, Belarussian)Website of the “Free Ales Bialiatski!” campaign RSF at the Belarusian border: “The terrorist is the one who jails journalists and intimidates the public” Reporters Without Borders deplores the arbitrary seizure three days ago of the entire print run of the independent regional weekly Vitebsky Kuryer .A truck carrying 10,000 copies of the newspaper from its printing plant in the Russian city of Smolensk was stopped by traffic police and escorted to a police station. Officers gave no reason for their action but the newspaper’s editor, Vadzim Barshcheuski, said a prosecution for illegal distribution in Belarus was likely to follow.“An act of censorship on this scale is unacceptable,” Reporters Without Borders said. “Once and for all, the authorities must stop trying to prevent the distribution of independent newspapers. And Russia should remind its neighbour to respect the ‘single information space’ shared by the two countries.”The weekly is officially registered in Russia and, like hundreds of Russian periodicals freely available in Belarus, it is entitled to be distributed without restriction. As part of their customs union, the two countries are linked by an agreement providing for a joint “information space”. The municipality of Vitebsk has refused to grant the newspaper a distribution licence in the town, a decision backed by the Supreme Economic Court in 2010. “Obviously, the authorities find the simple truth (published in our newspaper) even more dangerous than opposition periodicals,” Barshcheuski, told Reporters Without Borders.He believed the seizure could be linked to the position taken by the newspaper in the run-up to parliamentary elections due in September this year. Other sources pointed out that the edition that was seized contained an article on the case of Ales Bialiatski, the head of the Vyasna human rights organization and vice-president of the International Federation for Human Rights, who was jailed for four-and-a-half years last August for “tax evasion”.Thanks to its independent status, Vitebsky Kuryer has succeeded in becoming part of the media landscape since it was founded in September 2009. By February 2010, its circulation had risen from 1,000 to 10,000. However, it was dropped from the official distribution network and has since been distributed by volunteers. Just as the original newspaper it took its name from, the weekly has been the target of constant harassment by the authorities. Its entire print run has been seized several times, most recently last October before the local elections. It has also had to migrate its Web portal to another platform after it was blocked by the state telecoms monopoly Beltelecom in July 2010.In April last year, Barshcheuski was among 18 people arrested in Minsk as they celebrated the birthday of the human rights campaigner, Valery Shchukin. The journalist was sentenced to 10 days’ imprisonment for “disorderly conduct”.Reporters Without Borders also demands the immediate and unconditional release of Alyaksandr Barazenka, a journalist with Belsat TV who was arrested on 9 January and sentenced to 11 days’ imprisonment for filming a picket outside the offices of the KGB in Minsk.He immediately began a hunger strike in protest against his imprisonment. On 11 January the prison authorities allowed him to receive a parcel from his colleague Yulia Darashkevich but he was prevented from seeing his lawyer who wanted to ask about his state of health and discuss a possible appeal. Organisation Receive email alerts Help by sharing this information May 27, 2021 Find out more
Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA The Western Development Commission has revealed that the population in Donegal has grown by 8% over the past decade.In Census 2016, the county’s population was 159,192, down 1.2% compared to the previous census in 2011 and 54% of what it was in 1841.The infographic published by the WDC on statistics from the CSO’s Census of Population in 2016 shows Letterkenny to be the largest town in Donegal with a population of 19,273.16% of Donegal’s population are aged 65 and over and 22% are under the age of 15.Statistics have also shown that 72.7% of people in Donegal live in rural areas with the average commute to work in the county one of the lowest in Ireland at 22.1 minutes.57% of Donegal people are said to be in very good health with 33% of adults having a third level qualification.Statistics highlighted by the WDC also reveal that just 62% of people in Donegal have access to broadband.https://www.wdc.ie/wp-content/uploads/WDC-Insights-Census-DONEGAL.pdf Facebook Facebook Google+ WhatsApp Homepage BannerNews Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Twitter Pinterest 8% growth in Donegal population over past decade By News Highland – July 25, 2018 WhatsApp Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic DL Debate – 24/05/21 Pinterest News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Previous articleClaim: Only the government blocking retention of community hospital bedsNext articlePharmacy targeted just hours after man convicted for previous robbery News Highland Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+
FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail SPONSORED BY DEFENSE ATTORNEY IVAN ARNAEZ. DON’T GO TO COURT ALONE. CALL IVAN ARNAEZ @ 812-424-6671.Evansville Police have arrested 42 year old MATTHEW KLEES on a felony theft charge following an investigation that began on January 4th.Police were notified of a theft of a laptop computer at the Treasure’s resale store in Washington Square Mall. Images of KLEES tampering with the store’s video surveillance equipment just before the theft was released to the public in an effort to identify him.Several tips were called into the Evansville Police Department identifying KLEES as the man seen in the images. one of the tips was from KLEES’ probation officer who recognized his picture on the local news.Another tip came in at 4:00pm today that KLEES was at the Barnes and Noble’s book store on S Green River Rd.KLEES was taken into custody, but refused to speak with a detective.
As Vernon Davis’ NFL career begins to wind down, his second career is gaining traction.The former 49ers tight end, now in the employ of the NFL’s Washington franchise, will report for his 14th NFL season this summer. Though he still has speed that tight ends aren’t supposed to possess, his numbers are trending downward. Davis caught 25 passes in 2018, his lowest total since his rookie season. His two touchdowns were a far cry from his high water mark, 13 in 2009. That said, he averaged 14.7 …
In line with our strategic objectives Touch Football Australia (TFA) has a responsibility to the development of Touch Football internationally and also building the profile of the sport. Therefore we are initiating a group called the International Touring Party (ITP).The International Touring Party will focus on traveling around the world to various locations to help the local affiliated associations of the Federation of International Touch (FIT). In the past Australian Senior Teams have fulfilled this responsibility, now as we move forward we are focusing on Game Development, not just elite participation, and see the need for a separate group to be formed.For more information about the ITP and the first proposed tour, please download the attached information. Related Filesinternational_tourning_party_information-pdf
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Southgate knew Chelsea star Mount would play for England at 16by Freddie Taylor14 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveEngland boss Gareth Southgate says that he knew Mason Mount would be a star for the national team when he was only 16.The Chelsea midfielder is set to get his first start in their upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers.Mount will be in the team against the Czech Republic. And Southgate spoke about when he first saw Mount play several years ago.When asked what he thought about Mount after training him for a few days, England boss Southgate told reporters: “Exactly what I thought of him when I saw him at 16 playing for our U16s, he’s a quality player, an intelligent footballer, presses well, has a real eye for goal, good quality.”So, nothing I’ve seen surprises me at all. We’ve had him marked as a player from the first time I saw him at St. George’s [Park].”Chelsea would be the same on that, I think, but of course he’s now been able to have the opportunity to play in the Premier League and display that against top teams.”I think you saw his penalty in the Super Cup, [that] was a nice cameo of what he’s about, really.”
STARKVILLE, MS – OCTOBER 13: A general view of Davis Wade Stadium during a game between the Tennessee Volunteers and Mississippi State Bulldogs on October 13, 2012 in Starkville, Mississippi. (Photo by Butch Dill/Getty Images)Mississippi State can no longer win the SEC West after a loss to Alabama this past Saturday, but the Bulldogs still have a lot to play for. MSU, at 7-3, still has a chance to post a 10-win season for just the fourth time in school history. The Bulldogs will need to get things started with a strong bounce-back performance against red-hot Arkansas this weekend.Wednesday, the school released a two-minute hype video to tease the contest. Check it out:The Bulldogs and the Razorbacks are set for a 7:00 PM ET kick off.
The red, white and blue are getting a little help from the Scarlet and Gray.Ohio State swimmers Elliot Keefer and Tim Phillips have been named to the U.S. Men’s National Team, and will compete in the 2010 Pan Pacific Championships in Irvine, Calif., on Aug. 18-22. OSU is the only university to boast two undergraduate swimmers on the U.S. team.“Representing Ohio State here is just awesome because there aren’t a lot of Big Ten schools there, so representing Ohio State and the Big Ten on the national stage is awesome,” said Keefer, a senior from Loveland, Ohio. “And it doesn’t get any better than representing your country.”The two Buckeyes made the U.S. Team for their performances at the 2010 ConocoPhillips U.S. National Championships in Irvine last weekend. Keefer placed third in the 200m breaststroke and Phillips placed third in the 100m butterfly.Qualifying for the U.S. Team now gives them a chance to join an even better team, as they are close to making the 2012 U.S. Olympic team. Both will be headed to London if they improve to second place on their strokes at the 2012 Olympic Trials.“It’s going be tough,” Keefer said. “It’s going to be a lot of training but I’m hoping to keep dropping my times. I’ll just keep working my way up, making baby steps and make my way up with the best guys there.”The Pan Pacific Championships will be the first international competition for Keefer, who won the Big Ten Conference Championship in 2010 for the 100m breaststroke, and was a three-event All-American at the 2010 NCAA Championships. Phillips has competed internationally on three Junior National Teams in 2008 and 2009, but he believes being on the U.S. Team will top those experiences.“It’s a feeling that you can’t describe,” said Phillips, a sophomore from Vienna, W. Va. “I’m assuming it’s a lot better than what it’s been like on the Junior Team because now I’ll be competing for the big National Team, and I feel like it’s going to be an experience out of this world.”Phillips was an All-American in four events as a freshman, and was the Big Ten runner-up in the 100m butterfly in 2010. Although the 2012 Olympics will coincide with his junior year at OSU, he remains undecided on his plans for that year.“I’m going to see how this summer and next summer go and make a decision on what my junior year will be school wise,” Phillips said. “I may take a year off to train, but I’m really not sure. It’s a couple years out and I haven’t discussed that yet.”Keefer and Phillips are still in Irvine with the U.S. Team. As they prepare for the Pan Pacific Championships, OSU swimming coach Bill Wadley is excited about their upcoming events.“This is the opportunity of a lifetime for these young men, and it’s just a great thrill for me as a coach to be able to support and help encourage them to reach this level of excellence,” Wadley said. “They’re extremely coachable, talented young men who’ve come a long way, not just in one year, but over several years.”Aside from being teammates, the two have been close friends ever since Phillips went to live with Keefer during the summer of his freshman year. Despite only being a sophomore, Keefer expects Phillips to help him lead the Buckeyes this season.“Tim and I have a great friendship,” Keefer said. “He’s a very talented individual who’s going to have so much experience at a younger level. He’ll be able to lead as a younger teammate as well and help support what me and other seniors have to do this year.”The team will need leadership from both of them after graduating 12 seniors from last season’s Big Ten Conference Championship team that finished in ninth in the NCAA Championships. “It will be a little bit of a rebuilding year, but we definitely have enough talent to do it,” Keefer said. “My job will be to lead and drive the troops toward that goal and get a top ten finish in NCAA [Championships].”Although they have their work cut out for them, Wadley knows Keefer and Phillips have the right attitude and dedication to not only to lead OSU next year, but also to accomplish their goals for international competition.“They give it up in practice,” Wadley said. “I can’t tell you the last time I had to tell them to work harder. They’re just the kind of young men that are self-motivated, self-driven and love what they do.”
Kylian Mbappe was so important for France at the World Cup that they even hid the fact that he had a back injury in their semi-final game against Belgium and even in the final against CroatiaThe 19-year-old capped off a sensational campaign at Russia by being awarded the Young Player prize and scoring his fourth goal of the World Cup in France’s 4-2 win over Croatia in the final of the competition at Moscow to lift the famous trophy for only the second time in their history.But it turns out that things could have ended very differently, especially where Mbappe was concerned, with the teenage forward now revealing that he hurt three vertebrae in his back while collecting his belongings as he made his way into the shower.However, instead of leaving him out of the games, the French squad made every effort to hide the problem from their opponents and continued to rely on Mbappe.“The most important thing was making sure that our opponents did not find out,” said Mbappe, according to ESPN.Revealed: Florentino Perez’s plan to sign Kylian Mbappe Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 12, 2019 According to a report from ‘El Chiringuito’, Florentino Perez revealed his plans to sign Kylian Mbappe from PSG next season.We all knew this was…“They could have taken advantage of that and targeted this sensitive area. The players and the staff kept it hidden — even for the final.”The Paris Saint-Germain star had been accused of “arrogance” for stating his confidence that France would emerge victorious in the World Cup.“Being honest, it was in my mind for some time,” he said.“For me, from the beginning, I was convinced that we had everything that we needed to go all the way.“I said it before the World Cup started and some saw it as arrogance — it was simply my conviction. I came for the trophy and I left with it — I was programmed to win.”
David De Gea is on a rough patch right now after conceding 10 goals from 14 shotsThe Spanish goalkeeper endured a miserable campaign at the 2018 World Cup and conceded three goals in the national side’s opening game against Portugal.De Gea made a terrible mistake by allowing Cristiano Ronaldo to slip through his grasp in the game before later being unable to prevent the Portugal captain from scoring a sensational late free-kick to seal a 3-3 draw.Another three goals were conceded as Spain went crashing out at the last-16 stage to tournament hosts Russia.And it appears that De Gea’s nightmare has followed him back to the Premier League after conceding four times in United’s first two league matches, which included three against Brighton on Sunday.Solskjaer praises Harry Maguire after Man United’s 1-0 win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer singled out Harry Maguire for praise after helping Manchester United keep a clean sheet in their 1-0 win over Leicester City.The 27-year-old will now have to contend with the likes of Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen in United’s next league game against Tottenham on Monday.10 – In competitive games since the start of the 2018 World Cup, David de Gea has conceded 10 goals from his last 14 shots on target faced for Manchester United and Spain combined. Glum. pic.twitter.com/Hk2T64n916— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) August 19, 2018